Salsa dancing the winter blues away
Winter tends to mean a period of hibernation to most Capetownians with attendance at Club Duvet peaking in popularity but this winter rather than letting yourself go come and join us at the Grand Daddy Hotel for some sexy, saucy and as you shall see below highly beneficial for your health, salsa dancing!!
“What if I have absolutely zero dance experience?” you may be asking. Never mind people of all experience levels come and join in the fun. The important thing to remember when dancing Salsa is that it’s not just steps, it is a feeling. The word “Salsa,” the Spanish word for sauce, was originally used to convey the hot and spicy “feelings” behind the movements.
If you are not yet convinced below are just a few of the ways Salsa dancing can improve your life:
- Let’s be honest. Salsa dancing considerably opens up your pool of potential dating candidates. And you get to be up close-and-personal in the process of getting to know others.
- Not looking for a relationship, that’s ok Salsa is simply a great way to meet new friends, network and socialize.
- Forget about your gym membership because that is the last thing you will need if you get serious about Salsa dancing. Your legs, arms, shoulders, hips, stomach and ankles are being exercised all at once for a complete body work.
- Feeling down? Attending a Salsa class or going out dancing can pick you up and shake you out of a habitual routine. Get ready to feel alive!
- Bored? Want to challenge yourself? Salsa dancing is a great way to learn a new skill, either alone or with a loved one.
Needs some actual facts? Researchers at the Mayo Clinic reported that social dancing helps to:
- Reduce stress
- Increase energy
- Improve strength
- Increase coordination
The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute says that dancing can:
- Lower your risk of coronary heart disease
- Decrease blood pressure
- Strengthen the bones of your legs and hips
- Helps you release toxins via sweating
So what are you waiting for, get off the couch, out of your pyjamas and put on your sexiest dancing shoes for a night of dancing those winter blues away!
featuring DJ’s Fred Spider and William along with other guest DJ’s
When: every Friday
Where: Daddy Cool Bar at the Grand Daddy Hotel
Time: from 21h00
Cost: R30 cover at the door